2019 Storage Brand Leaders
The independent, non-sponsored annual survey asked which vendors are perceived to be the market, price, performance, reliability, innovation, and service and support leader for 14 product categories.
Congratulations Market Leaders!
- Dell EMC Flexes Brand Muscles, Voted Market Leader in 6 Product Categories
- Voting for the data center infrastructure giant makes a big comeback in 2019. The company was voted market leader for Enterprise Backup Software & Appliances, Hybrid NAS Arrays, Hybrid SAN Arrays, Unified SAN/NAS Arrays, Scale-out File & Object Storage Appliances, and Servers for Software Defined Storage.
- Pure Storage Dominates IT Pro Voting for Ageless Storage and On-Prem Storage-as-as-Service
- Pure Storage pioneered the Ageless Storage category, and in 2019 became the first major vendor to offer On-Prem Storage-as-a-Service. IT pros rewarded the company with their votes for market leader in both product categories.
- Microsoft Chosen Market Leader for File Synch & Sharing and Enterprise Archive for First Time
- Microsoft and Google leap to the front of the leaderboard for Enterprise File Synch & Sharing while Microsoft and Veritas lead voting for Enterprise Archive.
- VMware Selected as Market Leader for Scale-Out File & Object Storage for First Time
- Open source and pure-play software companies may have pioneered Scale-out File & Object Storage, but the survey results indicate that enterprise IT pros are looking first at VMWare for solutions.
- Seagate Voted Enterprise HDD Market Leader Every Year Since Initial Survey in 2009
- It’s simple. In the minds of IT pros, “Seagate” is synonymous with Enterprise HDDs.
- SolarWinds Repeats as Storage Performance Validation Leader
- For the second consecutive year, SolarWinds was chosen as the market leader for storage performance validation.
- Veritas Distributed Database Backup & Recovery
- In 2019 we expanded the criteria for this category from specialized software for this purpose, to general-purpose products which included agents for backup and restore of distributed databases. Given their preference for Veritas and Commvault in this survey, it turns out IT pros view the big general-purpose software vendors as market leaders.